Re: st-digest V2000 #270

>Does anyone else have a problem with the baffle making a rattling sound?
>As soon as I throttle off I get a very loud 'tinkling' sound coming from
>the pipe.  As soon as there is exhaust +ve pressure (ie. throttle open)
>then the sound goes.

So, THAT'S what that rattling sound is.  I have had it for the last 6 months
or so, and it has never gotten any worse, nor has anything else gone wrong,
so I just let it go.  At first, I thought it might be an exhaust leak, but
it sounded more mettalic.  I tried checking everything on the bike and
couldn't find anything loose, and finally gave up.  Mine is not very loud,
but you can definitely hear it with a full face helmet on, and it only makes
noise on back throttle.  Let me know what you find, and hopefully, thanks
for solving that little mystery.
Dave
99 ST, 99 Speed Triple, 00 Tiger, 00 BMW K1200LTc