re: riding gear / lower body injuries

Jim Huber <jhuber@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Then it's something to replace the tennis shoes, too, I suppose.

Yikes!  Don't do it.  Makes me cringe seeing people riding in tennis shoes
now, after Jonathan & I saw the mess another guy made of his ankles when his
bike went into a ditch.

I just went on a bike safety course here in Germany - the instructor said
80% of crashes involve foot/ankle damage and you should spend your money on
good boots before good clothing.  I'd just bought new boots with more
protection and I'm thinking of changing those for ones with even more!
Personally I won't get on the bike without leathers, boots, gloves & helmet
- - maybe it's my leather fetish or perhaps I just don't care about getting
sweaty on hot days?!

Neil