One or two beams at a time

- ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFD06A.22B8A420

I am aware of all the recent dialogue about country-specific regulations =
that have apparently lead to differences in how Triumph sets up the the =
headlights to operate and how 'easy' it is to install relays to convert =
them to operate together as many owners would prefer.   But more =
recently someone pointed out that the headlight lenses are actually =
different for the two headlights.  I checked mine and they are right, =
they are different.

I live in Canada and, for awhile, I thought I was just lucky to live in =
a country that does not insist that the headlights be set up to work =
one-at-a-time.  Now I'm not so sure.  Mine are both on for low-beam =
setting and both on when I switch to high beam.  I would have thought =
that this meant that the lenses on my bike would be identical.  But, as =
I mentioned, that's NOT the case.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanantion for this?  Are the left and =
right headlights aimed differently or does their function differ from =
each other?  More importantly, this would seem to affect the supposed =
simplicity of the modification to make them act as one as opposed to =
separately.  Are the left and right lenses on bikes that were set up to =
work independantly different than those in countries where they were =
intended to work together?  Has anyone asked Triumph about this?  Is =
there any information in the Triumph shop manual?  Could this have =
anything to do with the fact that some listers have reported that their =
headlights seemed to be aimed wrong (must admit that I haven't even =
checked my own headlight alignment yet).  What I assume to be the part =
number for each headlight lens is visible on the lense.  Mine are =
different from each other.  It might be interesting to see if these part =
numbers differ from country to country.

. . . . and away we go!

Neil 'Chili Dawg' Lindsey
'99 Black ST

- ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFD06A.22B8A420

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am aware of all the recent dialogue=20
about&nbsp;country-specific regulations that have apparently lead to =
differences=20
in how Triumph sets up the&nbsp;the headlights to operate and how 'easy' =
it is=20
to install relays to convert them to operate together as many owners =
would=20
prefer.&nbsp;&nbsp; But more recently someone pointed out that the =
headlight=20
lenses are actually different for the two headlights.&nbsp; I checked =
mine and=20
they are right, they are different.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I live in Canada and, for awhile, I thought I was =
just lucky=20
to live in a country that does not insist that the headlights be set up =
to work=20
one-at-a-time.&nbsp; Now I'm not so sure.&nbsp; Mine are both on for =
low-beam=20
setting and both on when I switch&nbsp;to high beam.&nbsp; </FONT><FONT =
size=3D2>I=20
would have thought that this meant that the lenses on my bike would be=20
identical.&nbsp; But, as I mentioned, that's NOT the case.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does anyone have a reasonable explanantion for =
this?&nbsp;=20
</FONT><FONT size=3D2>Are the left and right headlights aimed =
differently or does=20
their function differ from each other?&nbsp; </FONT><FONT size=3D2>More=20
importantly, this would seem to affect the supposed simplicity of the=20
modification to make them act as one as opposed to separately.&nbsp; Are =
the=20
left and right lenses on bikes that were set up to work independantly =
different=20
than those in countries where they were intended to work together?&nbsp; =
Has=20
anyone asked Triumph about this?&nbsp; Is there any information in the =
Triumph=20
shop manual?&nbsp; Could this have anything to do with the fact that =
some=20
listers have reported that their headlights seemed to be&nbsp;aimed =
wrong (must=20
admit that I haven't even checked my own headlight alignment yet).&nbsp; =
What=20
I&nbsp;assume&nbsp;to be the part number for each headlight lens is =
visible on=20
the lense.&nbsp; Mine are different from each other.&nbsp; It =
might&nbsp;be=20
interesting to see if these part numbers differ from country to=20
country.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>. . . . and away we go!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Neil 'Chili Dawg' Lindsey</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>'99 Black ST</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFD06A.22B8A420--