Trip

Just back from Milan, Corsica, Sardinia, and Rome; apologies to the listers
who offered to meet, but I decided to leave my notebook home...and had no
way to get in touch. We rode with a Lotus Tours group (www.lotustours.com)
and can't say enough good things about it. Pics and trip notes will be up on
www.labiker.com in a few days.

Main ride was a 750 Monster, which was close to perfect for the little
twisty stuff we spent most of our time riding. My inseam-challenged
girlfriend, Gracie, rode a lowered F650 (note: she liked the Monster
better). I did spend some time on a Ducati 907 (neat, but crude) and a ST-2
(remembered why I bought a ST after testriding a ST-4). Slow steering,
underpowered, crudely finished. Also really, really, sensitive to
crosswinds.

I can't understand why anyone who lives in these areas doesn't weigh 300
pounds...I've never eaten so well in my life (and I spend a lot of time in
Paris).

Came back to ride Vixen and got a rude surprise as I went back to the
long-travel brake lever...next project to fix, along with the heat,
whereupon she will be perfect.

Marc Danziger