Pressure Fractures Tank

The pressure build up finally caused the tank to
fracture along the manufacturing seams causing gas to leak everywhere.
Dealer says the relief valve was installed backwards
(heard that before here), causing the tank to pressurize. New tank is on
order, but my friend is minus his ride for 2 weeks.

C. Bybee

At 09:05 PM 6/7/00 -0600, cbybee wrote:
>My friend's 2000 ST is leaking gas all over his garage
>on hot days. I theorized that the engine heat is causing the
>gas in the tank to vaporize and build up  pressure forcing liquid gas
>out the overflow bleed  tube and on to his floor (the pressure release
>valve must be malfunctioning I assume).  Is this a known problem
>with the Sprint?