RE: Outranked by Major Engine Damage - Part 3

> From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
> KenTmpsnmc@xxxxxxx
>
> << which did not appear. I
>  still don't know for certain what happened to the engine (still not
>  apart) but I don't quite believe that the engine bearings
> were damaged
>  at 9800 miles yet managed to avoid shedding any bearing
> material until
>  24,000 miles later. >>
>
> Wasn't yours one of the first to have the case bolts replaced?
> How do we know there wasn't some non-factory misalignment that
> occured at that time?  It seems this possibility needs to be
> ruled out as culprit. On teardown I'd want to witness the bolt
> removal and inspection.

When the engine does get torn down, I will defiantly be looking at the
removed parts for some hints as to what went wrong. Aside from my
feelings in the matter, I want some kind of re-assurance that the
damage will not re-occur. Bearings don't fail on their own.