Re:Yippee, Yippee, Ouch!

>BTW, no one mentioned about taking off the centre stand so I'm
>interested in knowing this.. What scrapes first the body work or the
>stand?  (or perhaps this was just a problem with the past model Sprint)

I didn't remove the centerstand because I didn't think it would be a
problem on this bike. Even wearing the tires to the edge I have yet to
scrape anything but I only weigh 165 and I've been told I ride pretty
smooth so that may have something to do with it. Then again, I'm a long way
from being the fastest guy out there. Others seemed to be hitting the peg
feelers before hitting anything hard, which is why they put them there in
the first place.

When I was racing, we had to remove the centerstand and I figured out a
trick that makes it much easier to take the spring off and put it back on.
With the bike on the centerstand, put quarters or large washers between
each coil of the spring. Then take the bike off of the centerstand and the
coins or washers will keep the spring extended and it just pops off.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com