Horn

Sorry, I don't remember who posted this thread or if this is the correct
subject name.  I've been doing some fuse research lately as I was riding
last weekend and noticed my clock was dead and my trip odometer had
magically reset itself to zero.  I noticed there are many discrepancies
between the fuse ratings listed in the owner and service manuals versus
what is actually installed on the bike.

More to the point of your horn question.  If I traced the wiring circuit
diagram in the service manual properly, the horn shares the same circuit
(fuse) as the turn signals and rear brake light.  According to the
manuals there should be a 10amp fuse on this circuit.  My bike has a
20amp fuse.  The brake light is two lamps at 21 watts each (3.5 amps
total), the indicators are four lamps at 10 watts each (1.67 amps when
signals are on, 3.33 amps max load when hazards are on).  Worse case
senario is approximately 7 amps of draw leaving 3 amps for the horn
according to the manual or if you to have a 20 amp fuse on this circuit
you may have as much as 13 amps available.  I have a '00 model with no
electrical extras (ie. alarm, heated grips) so I am guessing Triumph
must have decided to up the amperage on that circuit since the printing
of the manuals.  Hope this is not too confusing.  Hope I'm not confused!