Re: Touring

At 10:38 PM 6/20/00 +0100, Mike & Sandi Cummings wrote:
>I am of to France on my holidays shortly. My question is what should I take
>or do before I go?. I have toured France many times on my FJ!1200 so know of
>the usual things like spare bulbs,tape,fuses ,breakdown/accident recovery
>etc.I have ample luggage space (need it for two people camping for three
>weeks), but only having the ST for a couple of weeks I don't know things
>like how much oil do STs use?,will I have to top up anything else?.I would
>appreciate any and all comments, thanks.

Mike,

You say you've had it for a couple of weeks, but don't say how many miles
you have on it or how many you intend to ride. I would make sure to get the
first service done before you leave, and have the dealer give it the once
over for a longer trip. I addition to what you mentioned above, I like to
carry a small roll of wire, wire ties, two small flashlights, basic tools
(yes Dennis - I have added the 8mm socket....), a simple electrical tester,
tire repair kit, CO2 and manual air pump,  service manual and list of
current dealers along my route from the Triumph site. While I don't take
all this on short trips, I do always like to keep a minimum amount of
supplies on hand. I do a lot of riding by myself and if I don't have it
with me, I'll be waiting for someone else to bring it to me.......

Have a good time.

- - Eric

End of st-digest V2000 #301