re: How to deal with tolls?

>  From: "The Flowers" <wflowers@xxxxxxx>, on 06/23/2000 07:18:
>  I have to ride a number of hours tonight, and the best route involves a toll
>  road.  Has anyone come up with a good way to carry $$$ to pay for tolls?  I
>  hate having to stop, put the bike in neutral, take off my glove, fish in my
>  pocket, pay, put on the glove and ride away while cars are piling up behind
>  me.

	My initial reaction is "let 'em wait!" As much time as we have to spend
waiting behind cars, it'll never make up for it.

>  I don't have a tank bag (still!) so I carrying $$$ in it one isn't an
>  option.

	Yes, that'd probably be the easiest.

>  One option is to take the longer, slower, non-toll route I guess.  But I'd
>  like to get there in time to have dinner with my family.

	Nah, why change routes for a minor inconvenience?

	The best I've worked out for quick toll booth exchanges (other than an
electronic tag, which we have here in Houston) is to have exact change in an
easily accessible pocket. If it's an even buck, like most of ours here, you
probably won't even have to take off a glove. I find back pockets on jeans or
thigh pockets on other pants much easier than regular front pockets, of course.

FWIW,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"
	Spring, Texas, USA