re: How to deal with tolls?

Previously, you (Jim Huber) wrote:
> 	My initial reaction is "let 'em wait!" As much time as we have to spend
> waiting behind cars, it'll never make up for it.

I like your attitude.  I think I'll try it tonight.  :-)

> 	Nah, why change routes for a minor inconvenience?

Good point.  If I plan for tolls they become minor inconveniences.  If
I'm not prepared they are a major PITA!

> 	The best I've worked out for quick toll booth exchanges (other than an
> electronic tag, which we have here in Houston) is to have exact change in an
> easily accessible pocket. If it's an even buck, like most of ours here, you
> probably won't even have to take off a glove. I find back pockets on jeans or
> thigh pockets on other pants much easier than regular front pockets, of course.

As I said to Eric, if I were doing this on a regular basis I'd get an
e-pass.  But this isn't common.

Maybe I can just put some $1's in my jacket pocket.  Weather permitting
I'll be wearing my BroshTex jacket which has good velcro-closure
pockets.  The early forecast has me dodging showers and possible
T-storms, but being Florida that can change quickly for the better or
worse.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL