Re: How to deal with tolls?

Previously, you (Thomas Emberson) wrote:
> Never attach anything like that to your person, if you every think
> of doing that please do a test in you back yard, attach it to your
> side, hop on your kids trampoline, get some altitude, jump off and
> land on that side to experiment the results of having it on your
> side in a bike downing.

Geez, what was I thinking of? I still remember the rectangular bruise
left by the package of Altoids (the package that saved my skin).  I'm
not crazy about the way I currently carry a large garage door opener in
my jacket pocket.  On my old bike I used to keep all this stuff in a
tank bag, but the bag went with the bike to SWMBO since it was the only
way for her to carry anything, and I had lots of luggage.

> Bill, get a RKA tank bag, they rule, it has never let me down, easy
> to use. Great for storing water, wallet, cell phone, helmet lenses.

My plan is to get an RKA tank bag, but it just hasn't bubbled up to the
top of my financial priority list yet.  :-( And I couldn't get one by
tonight anyway.  I've even picked the custom colors I want, if $$$
permits.

I like the solution of keeping some $1's tucked in my glove for tonight.
Longer term I *MUST* have a tank bag, in time for the Rallye.
(Willemina, are you listening?  She reads all this at home when I'm at
the office -- I get the list at both locations.)

> Yes, I said helmet lenses, I have a Shoei RF800, and have become
> really good at changing the lenses without removing the helmet. On
> the way back from you place last year I was changing lenses every
> hour or so as I went from bright sun to large storm, and back.

I have both a clear and dark shield for my HJC CL-12 but haven't managed
to change shields without removing my helmet.  That's OK as I usually
want to stop and stretch my legs anyway.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far.  If you have any more, you've
got until at least 4:30PM Eastern before they'd miss me tonight.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"