Re: Dunlop or Metzeler?

Kyle Rocke writes:
 > I've got a deal with my dealer with tires. I put two dealer
 > stickers on my Black Widow and he'll supply me with tires for a
 > season.

    Wow!  Nice deal!

 > I've now tried Michelin Pilot front and back, Pilot front and
 > Dunlop 207 GP back. Next week I'll be changing to Dunlop 207 GP
 > front and back.

    I can't remember if this has been mentioned on this list, but I
hope everyone is aware that Dunlop 207GP tyres are not really road
tyres, they are racing tyres which were homologated for road use so
that they would be legal in some racing classes which specify road
legal tyres.

    They have a lightweight carcass and a rubber compound which is
designed for track use.  One of the consequences of the lightweight
carcass is that they are prone to losing pressure, so if you are going
to use them on the road check the pressures *every* day.

    I think that there are now 207 ?RR? tyres which are similar to the
GP but designed for road use.

    Thanks for the info,

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_               I don't have the time or the fridge
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                        -- Richard Moore