Re: Broken down ST - update

Rich Weyand writes:
 > At 12:44 AM 6/24/2000 +0100, Jim Gillespie wrote:
 > >     If anyone could tell me what wiring leads away from the starter
 > >relay I'd be most grateful!  As you will all know, there's no wiring
 > >diagram with the owner's manual :-(
 >
 > Black w/Orange - coil earth to clutch switch
 > White w/Red    - coil hot from handlebar pushbutton
 >
 > Tan            - battery positive to relay switch
 > Black w/White   - from relay switch to starter motor

    Further thought makes me think that you're describing the wires
connected to the starter solenoid on the left hand side of the
battery, not the relay which is switched directly by the starter
button and which is positioned at the bottom right hand side of the
nosecone.  The relay in which I'm interested has thin white with red
and, er, dark grey wires leading to the starter button, and two thick
green with yellow wires which disappear I know not where.

    Thanks again,

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_               I don't have the time or the fridge
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                        -- Richard Moore