Shift Linkage

Hello, fellow listers. I found something that I believe has not been
covered in any post.

Last week, I reported that my neutral light was occasionally flickering
in stop and go traffic. I found that if I lifted up on the lever
slightly, not enough to put it in 2nd, the light would stop flickering.
This morning while poking around the Blue Devil I took a look at my
shift linkage. When I jiggled it up and down it squeaked and seem
somewhat stiff. I shot a little WD-40 around the pivot for the lever and
the squeaking did not go away. I then pulled back the rubber boots and
sprayed a little miracle juice on the balls (the linkage's not mine).
The squeaking went away and the lever moved much smoother. I wiped up
the excess WD-40 and replaced the boots. If all goes well tomorrow
during my commute, I will report back to the list.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan living in Yankee country

2000 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"
1980 Honda CM400T "My Little Red Putt-Putt"

I.A.T.S.E. Locals #52 & 84

"The moment you're born you start dying.
 So you might as well have a good time."
                             Cake

End of st-digest V2000 #310