Re: Dunlop or Metzeler?

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Jim Gillespie wrote:

>     They have a lightweight carcass and a rubber compound which is
> designed for track use.  One of the consequences of the lightweight
> carcass is that they are prone to losing pressure, so if you are going
> to use them on the road check the pressures *every* day.

As well, from what I understand they operate best under warmer
conditions. Thus you might actually get less grip durring your
short hops. So just think of them as high price BridgeRocks for
city use. They really are designed to be put into tyre warmers and
kept at speed during a race.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664