Re: Broken down ST - update[3]

Hello again,

    Well, I think I've narrowed it down to either the clutch cutout
circuit (the switch seems okay) or the alarm, and I have at least a
temporary solution, but one I'd rather not broadcast.

    Thanks to everyone who's helped on this list, and I'd like to
mention Jack Lilley's service department for invaluable assistance over
the phone.

    In the course of my investigations I've learned quite a bit more
about the workings of my bike, and having had all the bodywork except
the belly pan off, I have a few more comments:

    1.  My belly pan is melted/cracked where the exhaust header comes
        closest :-(

    2.  While I had the front fairing off I replaced the dim green
        indicator repeater filter with some orange indicator lens repair
        tape, so the indicator repeater should be a lot more noticeable
        now!

    2a. I'm sure someone has said they can get at the idiot light
        assembly in like ten minutes - how?!  Trained lemurs?

    3.  Has anyone replaced the fairing fasteners with Dzus types?  It
        looks like it should be a fairly simple job, which would make
        this type of work *much* easier.

    4.  Who designed the mounting for the rear rack?!  And decided to
        not use captive nuts?  Or maybe I'm just annoyed because I don't
        have a long-reach 13mm socket (yet ;-)

    5.  When I removed the rear bodywork I found a loose nut, but
        haven't yet found a corresponding bare bolt!

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_             All I need to buy now is some Ability,
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___   and I'll be sorted.
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                          -- Craig Dalkin