Re: preperation for longish trip question

Otterboy wrote:
>   Is there anyone who has suggestions about things to do to the
> bike before leaving?  Should I have the mechanics at the dealer give
> it a once over?

The Iron Butt website has some good recommendations for bike prep; see
<http://www.ironbutt.com/aow/25tips.html>. One of the best ones, IMHO,
is to not make any changes to the bike without taking at least a couple
of rides to test them out. So, for example, don't change the oil and
then immediately head out on your long-mileage trip, only to find out
you didn't tighten the drain plug enough.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA