New Dunlop 205's

After 3 sets of 207's I decided to try something that might provide a bit
more in the way of mileage. I don't know about the mileage yet, but I have
to say that I am pleased with the 205's. The 205 seems to have a stiffer
carcass than the 207, so it provides a lot more feedback on what's going on
at the connection to the pavement. They also seem to turn just slightly
quicker than the 207. I always liked the 207 for its ability to hold a line
much better than the BT57 or the MX90 but I have to say that the 205 seems
better there also. Guess I don't have a downside for this tire yet, I think
for me it's better than the 207 in every way, other than being slightly
harsher riding, but I'll take that any day for the increase in feel.
Ultimate grip may be less but without going to a track I'm sure I'll never
know. I would highly recommend the 205 front and rear for anyone desiring
confidence instilling feedback.

Paul & Dee
Madd Dawg & Dinky Dawg
1999 Sprint ST