Re: Bill's Boots (was Re: How to deal with tolls?)

Previously, you (acretintbs) wrote:
>     Try out the Alpinestar GTX (Gore-Tex lined) extremely comfortable, and I
> spent the wkd traipsing around in the rain and mud of Sears Pt. (SBK non
> event) and never even moistened my socks!

Looked through some catalogs this morning and I agree that they look
like very good boots.  Best price seems to be Rider Wearhouse.

However, until I can kick the sales department at my company into
selling more equipment (esp. the expensive stuff) the Flowers' household
is on strictly a low-cost budget.  I can spare $40 but not $200 this
week.  <sigh>

Looks like I wait, use plastic bags over my socks and/or suffer wet
feet.  :-(

Semi-rhetorical question: why are motorcycling boots (and most other
riding apparel) so outrageously priced?

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL