Kawasaki Chris

Hey, Chris.

Trust me when I say I know how you feel.  I've always owned Japanese (with
the exception of my first bike -- a gnarly, little 250cc Ducati scrambler).
Honda and Kawasaki are icons of craftsmanship and function.  But when I saw
that T595, I felt things -- strange things.  And I'm not talking about Old
Pushover's hands in my pockets either.  It was a deliberate act for me to go
looking for a Triumph with the intent of buying.  What the hell was I
getting myself into?  Well, now I know.

I kept the original, pre-recall camshaft.  It's lumpy and has character.
The bike is virtually stock except for a few, minor accessories like a Zero
Gravity Double Bubble and Triumph grab handle (massive model).  The stupid
speedometer cable broke at about 3300 miles, but it had a crimp in it when I
first got it.  Who knows how something like that happens?

She snarls, growls, and barks like a wolf.  The power delivery gets smoother
and stronger everyday.  The old girl launches me to "ludicrous speed" at
every injudicious application of throttle.  Since I firmed up the rear
suspension, I can rail around right angles at 45 miles per hour in second
gear and she's still asking for more/faster/deeper.

This is the bike I've been looking for all my life.  Am I happy?

I loved my GPz, but she was an overweight, evil handling, cheaply finished,
tire-eater compared to the Triumph.

Mr. Crash Happy (My brother, the wussy loser, gave me this nickname a 100
years ago.)
1998, T595 Daytona, Tornado Red, "Boudicca", Just try and get the keys away
from me.
1995, GPz1100, Candy Persimmon Red, "Esmeralda", In fond memory.