RE: Scottoiler - Installation on Triumph Sprint ST or RS

Thomas

I recently purchased a used Sprint ST here in UK. I had the dealer fit a
Scottoiler prior to delivery. They actually fitted the Scottoiler Touring
kit, which was a bonus.

Mounting the hardware appears to be a bit of a problem, but they managed it.
Sorry I cannot confirm how/where they broke in with the vacuum connection.

I also read in the Scottoiler web page about possible problems with warranty
implications on ST's. I contacted Scottoiler, as mine had been fitted by a
dealer and they replied saying that the warrant implications had now been
resolved. Whatever, if there is a problem, then the dealer can sort it in my
case.

For information, the RMV and the touring tank have been fitted behind the
rear number plate, which is quite neat. One problem however. As the tank and
RMV are about 3cm deep, it moves the rear number plate backwards, which
makes the subject of number plate illumination a bit questionable. Haven't
been stopped by the police yet.

It sure takes all the grief out of chain lubrication away. If my old Trident
Sprint is anything to go by, I didn't adjust the chain in 5000 miles.

When I get a chance and some time, I will have a look and see where the
connections were made.

Good luck

Dave McCarthy

h%20Sprint
%20ST%203.jpg

and

http://www.scottoiler.co.uk/INSTRUCTIONS/FITTINGCONNECTIONS/Triumph%20Sprint
%20ST%201999%202.jpg

and

http://www.scottoiler.co.uk/INSTRUCTIONS/FITTINGCONNECTIONS/Triumph%20ST%204
.jpg

Can anyone please tell me what kind of pipe this is which I have to cut
into? I don´t like cutting into pipes on a brand new bike without knowing
what I´m actually doing. Do you think it is OK doing this?

Thank you!

Have a nice weekend and hopefully better weather than here in Germany -
yesterday it started snowing again :-(

Ride Safe

Thomas

*