Re: Humm....!!!

In a message dated 03/03/00  10:30:12,  Patti writes:

<<
 As soon as I realized I was going to live, I was PISSED.  I laid on the
 horn, then pulled up next to her and gave her a second blast.  She gave
 me one of those "I fucked up" looks, and waved apologetically.

 I got lucky this time.

Sounds like an experience I had with my Sprint ST last year, only I had my
son on the back.  I was riding in the left hand lane coming up to traffic
lights which are to slow traffic down before a busy roundabout.  In between
the lights and the roundabout is a petrol station on the left hand side.  A
white van driver decided he wanted to nip into the petrol station, not
looking in his mirror, not indicating, I saw him in the nick of time, and
ended up on the pavement ramp alongside him.  Shocked, I stopped but he
carried on ahead.  I recovered enough to feel really pissed off like you.  I
chased him up to the traffic lights and did a 'police stop' on him, blocking
his path.  I railed at him, he gave me an 'apologetic' look.  I then let him
go thinking I had no damage.  When I stopped at the school, I found a few
scratches on my right hand pannier!  I was really PISSED.  I felt a tap on my
shoulder, and found that an articulated lorry driver had followed me to the
school, stopped, blocking the entire road, just to give his name and address
to support me as a witness!  Then I was even more PISSED because I hadn't
taken his details or his numberplate!.  So I've had to live with it, but It
gave me hope, and respect for the lorry driver who  went out of his way to
help me.   This happened a couple of months after my previous escape from
being wiped out by a white van driver.  Both incidents were not within my
control, but it doesn't do much for your confidence.          Ann, Sprint ST,
Kent, Britain.