Hmmm...

Dave wrote:

> I think one of the most dangerous things we can do is to ride
> along in a
> motorist's blind spot-how can we expect them to see us? Of
> course we have to
> pass through a lot of blind spots on a busy freeway, but we
> don't need to
> linger in them.

As a frequent flyer on the LA freeways, I make it a point to be accelerating
or braking when I'm in an adjacent vehicle's blind spot. I want to spend as
little time as possible there, and if they move, already be in motion to get
out of the way one way or another.

One other thing that I've learned (not the hard way, thankfully) is that
it's a two-dimensional problem (i.e. there are other places to go than
straight ahead or back). About once a week some clueless driver will
lanechange onto me (my favorite was a limo that must have been 35' long). I
just go over with them and wind up on the lane line between them and the
next lane over. I've had cars go two lanes, and I just go with them.

Obviously, if they change lanes into another car, I'm screwed...

Marc Danziger
00 Sprtin ST "Vixen"
95 Speed Triple "Strumpet"