Re: Scottoiler - Installation on Triumph Sprint ST or RS

Hi Thomas,

I had thought about a Scottoiler for my Sprint ST as my wife has one on her
VTR Firestorm but I think it invalidates the Triumph warranty and who wants
to give them a possible loophole!  First of all I tried a "Chaintec" unit
which was supposed to work by pumping oil as a result of the movement of the
bike.  Didn't work so don't both even trying it.  Then I found the MOTRAX
Lubtronic chain oiler which is basically a oil reservoir similar to the
Scottoiler but has an electric solenoid valve to allow the oil flow rather
than a vacuum.  This basically only needs an electrical supply from a source
that is only live after turning the ignition switch on.  On my prvious 955i
Daytona I just picked up a feed off the rear tail light and thus when I
turned the lights on the oil flowed and stopped when the lights were off.
When I got my new Sprint ST I decided to buy the optional electronic
"lubtronic" controller to allow better flow control.  I just picked an
appropriate feed of the bottom of the fuse box and it all works fine.  I
have found that the Scot Oil is the best to use though as its not quite as
viscous and flows better.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers & happy riding.

Steve