Re: Shock install question- anyone have the ST shop manual?

Thanks Jong: Here goes, the rear of the bike is comprised of a large
triangular sub frame this is a major piece that the seat sits on etc.
It is held in place by four bolts towards the front. these bolts are
near the rear shock and the battery area they are one above another
like this : about six inches apart what is the torque spec for these
two bolts? Also in the shop manual how does Triumph show removing the
rear shock? is it by way of removing the gas tank or by lifting up
this rear sub frame and removing the shock through the back towards
the rear tire as Ohlins is recommending in their instructions?

Thanks,
Erik

>  Erik> I received my Ohlins shock yesterday and after reading over the
>  Erik> installation instructions a couple of times it seems relatively
>  Erik> straight forward. My question is has anyone else done their own rear
>  Erik> shock install? I have some questions if you could contact me off line
>  Erik> that'd be great. Also does anyone have the shop manual I need a
>  Erik> couple of torque and Torx sizes/specs not listed in the owners manual.
>

>  I picked mine up yesterday, and flipped through it.  I can try and
>look things up for you if you want.
>
>--
>-jong

End of st-digest V2000 #94