!Re: Soft Luggage

- ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BF8CEC.4C10C080

Robert

New ST! Good move mate!!

My two penneth about luggage.  Now until recently I had a Trident Sprint =
and Triumph (Givi) Luggage and the associated Wing Rack. The luggage was =
brilliant! All the good things like loads of room (3 x 36 Ltr Boxes), =
easy to fit and secure,  such that I could leave it locked on the bike =
with some knowledge that the luggage would still be there when I got =
back. Downside was it was heavy, and with it removed the rack looked the =
pits!  I didn't realise how bad until I took the rack off when I sold =
the bike and saw the bare bike again.

I traded up to a Sapphire Blue ST last month. Now the GIVI's don't fit =
the ST and there isn't currently an adaptor to get the rack to fit. I =
could have used the top box but nothing else, so I sold it!! I had the =
option of a bare ST or one with the Triumph Luggage.The down side is the =
mounts look real gash, without the boxes fitted and you have to drop the =
pipe down, so I went for the bare bike.

I bought the new Triumph Throw Overs designed for the RS and ST. Neat!!  =
They are easy to fit, once you have the all but invisible mounts fitted. =
Come with panel protectors which do work and can be fitted in seconds. =
To fit the kit takes about 3 minutes all in all. Seat off to fit the =
panel protectors and the seat pad, seat back on and 1 minute to clip the =
bags on. The bags are good,like you don't know they are fitted, come =
with built in weather covers and carrying straps. I love em!!  The big =
beauty is 3 minutes and they are all off again, bare bike and no ugly =
mounting racks!! The quoted capacity is 36Ltr for the Throw Overs, so =
it's still more than enough. Just takes a bit more packing.

Hope it's of some use.

Dave McCarthy

(Plymouth, UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20