Triumph Throw Over Panniers

Hi Dave,

I also think about buying the Triumph Throw Over Panniers but never have
seen them in "real life" so far.

Have you used them in rain already? Are they 100% waterproof? Even without
the rain covers?
As far as I´m aware the problem with soft panniers is that the rain covers
start to collect the water from the inner side (the side which is facing to
the rear wheel) because the covers are open on this side. Any experiences?

Concerning the capacity: 36 ltrs. each bag or 36 ltrs. total capacity of
both bags?

Thank you!

Thomas

Dave McCarthy wrote:

I bought the new Triumph Throw Overs designed for the RS and ST. Neat!!  =
They are easy to fit, once you have the all but invisible mounts fitted. =
Come with panel protectors which do work and can be fitted in seconds. =
To fit the kit takes about 3 minutes all in all. Seat off to fit the =
panel protectors and the seat pad, seat back on and 1 minute to clip the =
bags on. The bags are good,like you don't know they are fitted, come =
with built in weather covers and carrying straps. I love em!!  The big =
beauty is 3 minutes and they are all off again, bare bike and no ugly =
mounting racks!! The quoted capacity is 36Ltr for the Throw Overs, so =
it's still more than enough. Just takes a bit more packing.
Hope it's of some use.
Dave McCarthy
(Plymouth, UK)