Re: Triumph Throw Over Panniers

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Maxhofer, Thomas <Thomas.Maxhofer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 14 March 2000 12:11
Subject: Triumph Throw Over Panniers

>  Hi Dave,

> I also think about buying the Triumph Throw Over Panniers but never have
> seen them in "real life" so far.

> Have you used them in rain already? Are they 100% waterproof? Even without
> the rain covers?

Yes I have used them in the rain, but not the real heavy stuff! That was
without the rain covers fitted. No problem.
I hear what you say about the water from the inside. Can't comment on that.
The covers are good in the trial fit I made.
The back of the bags are a different material to the rest of the finish. In
addition the panel protectors which come with them are good in that they
give quite a lot of protection from Spray from the rear wheel.

> As far as I´m aware the problem with soft panniers is that the rain covers
> start to collect the water from the inner side (the side which is facing
> the rear wheel) because the covers are open on this side. Any experiences?

> Concerning the capacity: 36 ltrs. each bag or 36 ltrs. total capacity of
> both bags?

Quoted as 36 Ltr per bag, although I have not as yet filled them to
capacity!

Regards

Dave McCarthy