Re: Tank capacity

In a message dated 14/03/00  16:25:06, you write:

<< I've recently had my fuel gauge replaced with the supposed latest one and
 have found the same as Jim, why can't they calibrate one to work with the
 peculiarities of the shape of the tank.  Saying that, it beats going from
 half full to yellow light in about ten to fifteen miles as it was before.
 Phil Guy,Plymouth UK    99 Black "Vader" ST >>

Mine was changed 4 weeks ago and works well.  It's the third attempt at
re-design.  I was advised to wait for the 3rd one to come out because the 2nd
one was being 'unreasonable' like the 1st one.   I'd love to know if anyone
has actually run out of petrol and how  much they got out of the tank?
Comparing the fuel gauge on my Toyota Spacecruiser, that gauge creeps down
from the 'full' to quarter tank fairly rapidly, then takes it's time down to
'empty', where the light comes on when it's beyond the empty mark, going off
downhill and back on uphill. Ann ' pen-ddraig' Sprint ST