Ignition Problem

Hi all, I am new to the mailing list.  Got my red ST last year with the
hard bags and love it.  Will never go back to soft (if I can help it)
and love the triple and the user friendly mechanics of the bike.
I had my ignition fry (started smoking) when I attempted to start it up
for a Sunday ride.   What happened was in the set-up process of the
bike, they attached a zip tie to tight around the wires on the stearing
head and it cut into the ignition wires and shorted them out.  I was
just glad that I was in the alley behind my garage not 200 miles from
home.
I am enjoying this list because of the info I have gotten on the low
fuel idiot light that comes on after 60 miles (the last time I checked
they told me they didn't have a fix yet) and the tires not to get (want
more than 3K miles)
Thanks for the list and info and will post more as it comes along

Sherry from MN

End of st-digest V2000 #101