Re: First oil change

On 17 Mar 00, at 8:55, Andrea wrote:

> Mine begun clunking before the first service. After the oil change she
> clunks just a little bit more, but not enough to worry me since every bike
> I had before the RS behaved almost the same way.
> But, apart from the clunk into 1st (especially with the cold engine), the
> gear is now *much* smoother than during the break-in.

I'm comparring the "clunk", or lack thereof, to the sounds made by
the transmission on my CB750 Nighthawk.  There is almost no
noise of any kind when puting it in 1st from neutral and none in any
of the up or down shifts.

> I installed the rear hugger too, and like it very much. Very cool looking,
> it's a pity they didn't finish the plastic chain cover the same way as the
> hugger.

That would have been nice; the "faux" carbon fiber almost looks
real...  If the chain guard was similarly colored, it would look better.

> How's the master cylinder cover, and how much did you pay for it?

The cover is made out of the same stuff as the hugger, at least that
is how it appears, althought Triumph claims it is carbon fiber.  It
looks good, all the same.  The cover was $29 US and I think they
charged me $15 to put it on (it probably wasn't worth the money,
as it probably took them 5 minutes and I could have done it).

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm taking the bike in to the shop at lunch
time today; I'll let you know what they say about the tranny.

- -Keith
'00 Sprint RS