Re: First oil change (now gear change noise)

Well, I just got back from taking the RS in to the shop to have the
clunking gear change checked.  Basically, he said he felt it was
OK.  He said that, had I not noted a difference after the oil change,
he would say it was normal.  However, he said there should not
have been a change.  He took it out for a test ride, so I know he
checked it out well.  We also checked an RS demo unit and,
although it was quieter, it makes a noticable clunk.  He did adjust
my shifter down a little; he felt it was too high and could be causing
me trouble with the 1st-2nd shift.  It does shifter easier, but still
had the clunk.

So, I guess I'll just ride the bike and see what happens.  At the
very least, I've put a stake in the ground with the service manager
that there's a potential problem and it should be covered under
warantee if anything bad develops down the road.

Now that the service is done and I have almost 900 miles on it, he
said I should "start really getting on it now".  No problem!  :-)

- -Keith
'00 Sprint RS