Re: Plastics Repair

At 01:15 PM 3/16/00 +0000, Jonathan Culver wrote:
>I stripped the body panels from my georgeous Blue ST.
>Unfortunately I busted one of the tabs that holds the screw housing.
>Anyone had experience of glueing/fixing the plastic bodywork.

Somebody broke one of mine (probably the painter) and I was able to fix it.
I made a strengthening piece out of thin flexible plastic - I made a hole
in it to match the hole in the original tab and made the piece long enough
to reach back to the panel (past the cracks). I then used epoxy to glue the
tab back together and then epoxied the strengthening piece to the back of
the tab and panel.

Several thousand miles later it is still as good as new.

- - Eric