Pricing ! Does this sound right ?

Hello Good People,

I've been biking vicariously through the list for the last 8 months or so
while I saved my pennies. Thanks to all members for the entertaining and
informative mail. A special thanks to 'Mr.Bluenose' and Steve Lilley for
your off-list information, and to Eric for all the great work.

To my question. I've tracked down what might be the last blue ST in eastern
or central Ontario, and I think the dealer knows what great demand they're
in, because they want to charge me full list ($13,899 Cdn), plus freight,
PDI, 15% taxes and $3000 Cdn for the 3 bag set-up !?! By my reckoning that
would bring the price perilously close to $20,000 in canuck bucks. No other
perks thrown in.

Can any Canadians out there please let me know how far out of whack this
quote is ? TIA

I would happily ride away on a red or black ST, but blue is still my first
choice. For the sake of comparison, I can get a 2000 VFR800 out the door for
$13,700 Cdn (before haggling) and get 20% off all accessories purchased with
the bike (from a different dealer - same town). There is one other Triumph
dealer within 300 kms of me, but they haven't given me a price yet on their
gorgeous (but not blue) 2000-model black ST. So there's still hope :-)

Cheers,
Robert Reid