ZG Double Bubble Ride Report.

Ok as I mentioned before after NOT being able to get a ZG Sport
Touring screen that would fit and not wanting to wait for months
untill ZG got around to making one that would fit I decided to try
the Double Bubble. Here's my impressions. First, fit and finish are
excellent, optically perfect, and the body to screen fit is as good
as stock. Also the top edge is very smoothly finished. I got the
medium smoke color, not the almost black of the dark smoke. All in
all couldn't be happier with the looks and again the finish.

  Now for the ride. First for those that asked I'm 5'11" and the bike
has the Gen Mar risers. I had the tall Triumph screen on before and
it really is ugly in comparison, or rather it makes the bike look
weird. I used the new ZG screen yesterday and today, temps in NJ have
been in the mid 30's  to high 40's. As compared to the tall Triumph
screen it lets a lot more air past but it is really SMOOTH CLEAN air.
I was getting a bit of turbulence and head buffeting with the tall
screen and it's all gone, very smooth and quiet. The ZG is NOT the
screen though for cold weather, the Tall one is better for the cold
months, keeping a lot of air off ones chest. As a side note the tall
Triumph screen also keeps the tops off my legs warmer. I believe in
the hot weather months the increased air flow of the ZG will really
be nice.

  The ZG by letting more air past also keeps the torso supported
better, much less weight on one hands. For me at about 70-75mph it's
damn near perfect with perfect lift and 0 weight on my hands. I think
I could go for HOURS like this. Now having the Gen Mar risers is kind
of interesting at higher speeds 90-110 ( that's as fast as I got it
up to) because one is sitting more upright there is a feeling of
getting pushed back too much, so a bit more forward lean is needed to
compensate. I'd almost say that if one had the ZG screen and did a
lot of high speed riding that it might be better without the risers,
although this is going to be really dependant on ones height. So to
sum up IMO the Double Bubble is a winner. It looks REALLY nice, air
flow is smooth and quiet, fit and finish are top notch. I think
anyone would be quite happy with the product.

Erik