Re: Completely off topic

At 09:30 PM 3/19/2000 -0800, Paul Master wrote:
>I ordinarily wouldn't make this post to the list, but...
>I have a two week vacation scheduled in Kauai at the Marriott Beach Club
>Resort, and I cannot go. My project experienced a little setback at
>work. Aaarrrrgh!!!

Damn!  I can't go either.  But I would in a second if my project permitted.

People, I have been there, and it is the best of the Hawaiian Islands, IMO.
Not the night life of Maui, but it is not as crowded as the other islands,
and it is much prettier.  The only navigable river in the islands is there
(they take you up to the fern grotto in a boat; ferns the size of trees),
as well as the 'grand canyon of the pacific', the biggest damned canyon in
the US outside of Arizona.  Also, take the helicopter tour of the island.
Biggest guy on the tour gets to sit in front (load balancing and all) which
meant I had a bird's eye view of everything.  They take you down into an
inactive volcano crater, which also happens to be the wettest spot on earth,
with about 500 inches of rainfall a year.  Temp is 80 degrees every day.
We stayed next to where Paul's timeshare is, and it is very nice.  (Did I
mention golfing?  Great courses there.)

Damn.  Damn, damn, damn.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx

End of st-digest V2000 #109