RE: (now gear change noise) (now Daytona shifter)

I have done this mod. The Daytona unit provides a large improvement in shift
feel, only problem is that it is too long. I had one cut and welded so it
lines up about the same place as the stock shift lever. This makes it very
short though. The stroke is very short and the effort has gone up compared
to stock, and it has a 'crisp' feel. I would not recommend my current lever
but think there is room to make one slightly longer than mine that might
work pretty good. I am thinking about having a machinist I know try
something else and will post results if this works out.
Paul & Dee