Re: (now gear change noise) (now Daytona shifter)

Hi Paul,

Paul Steinbacher wrote:

> I have done this mod. The Daytona unit provides a large improvement in shift
> feel, only problem is that it is too long. I had one cut and welded so it
> lines up about the same place as the stock shift lever. This makes it very
> short though. The stroke is very short and the effort has gone up compared
> to stock, and it has a 'crisp' feel.

That's an interesting observation. I previously had a '85 Interceptor and the
first thing I  noticed was that the ST's shifter was significantly shorter than
the Honda's. It hits at a point just before the ball of the foot while the Honda's
fell over the joint of be fore it. This makes for interesting markings on the left
boot.

> I would not recommend my current lever
> but think there is room to make one slightly longer than mine that might
> work pretty good. I am thinking about having a machinist I know try
> something else and will post results if this works out.
> Paul & Dee

Sounds good. Keep us posted.

Neil ('99 "Shadow" (you guess the color))