Pipe Construction Questions

Lisa and I are trying to make a decision about pipes by this weekend but
still have a couple questions before I make the final decision.  I do
not know much about pipes, but have had a number of people comment that
"the D&D and Two Bros pipes are constructed with glass packing vs the
staintune and Triumph pipes that are completely stainless" and that
"pipes with glass packing require re-packing or replacing every 10,000
miles or so".  This would indicate the D&D pipes require more
maintenance vs the staintune and Triumph pipes.

My dealer on the other hand is selling D&D pipes and says that all pipes
have glass packing.  Can anyone comment on this, especially in regards
to the Triupmph stainless and Carbon pipes (Staintune have already
responded that their pipes are all stainless).  Lisa and I ride over
15000 miles per year and it would be prohibitive to replace pipes every
9 months.

Does anyone have any experience on these items that they can share.
Also, can you please comment on the use of stainless vs aluminum, why
one is better than the other..  It seems Aluminum would be lighter, but
Stainless would be more durable.

Thanks,

..Richard White