Fork stress??

I checked out my fork in more detail, last night.  The wrinkles are only on
the front side of the fork and only on the fork (left) with the pinch bolts.
A friend suggested that maybe the axle to fork fit is slightly loose so that
when the pinch bolts are tightened the fork has to squeeze more than it
should to clamp the axle.  This makes even more sense since the wrinkles are
actually at the top of the square portion of the fork...right where you'd
expect this type of stress to occur, eh?

Anyhow, let's wait and see what the dealer/factory comes up with for a
response to this situation.  I am expecting a response by the end of the
week.

Garry Bird
bird@xxxxxxx