Re: RE: Fork Stress

Isn't it usually the case, when loosening a fastener that has settled for some time, that the torque needed will be higher than initial fastening torque?  Also, the static friction is normally greater than the dynamic friction, which leads us to believe that the torque spec. is a dynamic value, and cannot be "checked", only re-torqued.

>>> Erik Miner <axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/22 1:18 PM >>>
FWIW I decided to check and retorque my front wheel the other night.
( Thanks to all for the answers to my questions) Anyway I found my
front wheel ( first time wheel has been off) VERY VERY over tight
much more than the 61nm on the axle bolt and more than the 20nm on
the pinch bolts. I don't know if this could cause the problem but it
can't hurt to loosen and correctly torque them.

Erik