Re: scottoiler installation

Hi
Joined the list recently. Own a 1999 Daytona (now for sale, 21,000kms with a
Fang underseat exhaust and other bits) and have just bought a 1999 Sprint
ST, red with three boxes. For all the usual reasons (pillion, comfort,
getting old, and ease of use). Hope I dont miss the top end howl of the
Daytona too much, but all bikes are compromise, and the Sprint seems to be
the ticket for now. I borrowed a friends ST for a 300 kilometre ride two
weeks ago, and while it is not as sharp as the Daytona, the torque of the
engine felt good, like driving an old Jaguar. The suspension I can fix if I
dont like it, and I can carry the same amount of crap that I could on my 900
Trophy (top heavy beast that it was). And I suspect I will arrive at just
the same time as the Daytona would have, without the frazzle.
Two questions
I am doing a 10,000 kilometre ride next month (to the Australian round of
the World Superbikes), and have a Scottoiler on order to be fitted prior to
leaving.
Question is can the T piece be fitted without unplugging the fuel injection
system. Our local dealer has said that he will have to reload the tune after
the scottoiler is fitted as there is a plug that needs to be undone to
remove the tank. We are fitting two bikes at the same time, and wonder if
there is another way, ie, without taking the tank right off. Any
help/experience would be appreciated.
Second question
Any differnece between the carbon and stainless Triumph aftermarket pipes.
Dealer says no. 20% gain advised, I suspect not so much. Not much else
available locally (Perth Western Australia), so factory pipe looks most
likely. And I guess the factory pipe will swing like the standard pipe, to
clear the panniers?
Thanks in anticipation
Simon