Introducing T.S.R.A. (1 of 3)

This is the first message in a series of three (1 of 3) - you may get them
out of order, so try and read them in 1,2,3 order as they definitely make
more sense that way.

The email for the Rallye will be coming soon - I wanted to send this out
first to give a little organizational background - please take a moment to
read through this.

Fade to black...... cue soft, building music... fade in.....

It started long ago, on Friday April 2nd, 1999 to be exact at 12:45 p.m.
CST with the following typed line from the one they call "Rude Dog"

"Super bike, we need to think about an annual gathering?"

 From that one comment, those ten words, the ST Rallye was born......

I won't rehash all the events here - if you have no idea what I am talking
about, be sure to check out http://www.triumphnet.com/st/rally for all the
reviews from those that "sprinted" to the Arkansas wilderness for the first
Rallye.

We all agreed on that last Saturday night in Arkansas, that we would be
doing this again.....

We all had a blast and I knew that we had created something that had real
potential. But all of us also knew that we needed some additional
organization if we were to grow the event. What we decided on was to create
a non-profit organization - The "Triumph Sport Riders Association, Inc". We
got a lot of great name suggestions (thanks to everyone that suggested a
name), but in the end we wanted something that wouldn't exclude anyone. We
also wanted something generic enough that we would be able to continue to
use in the years to come.

I've been throwing around the word "we" a lot - who is "we" you ask ?....
"We" refers to the participants in the "First Annual ST Rallye" : Eric
Sheley - "Weasel Dawg" // Lisa White - "Aqua Dawg" // Richard White - "Sly
Dawg" // Paul Steinbacher - "Madd Dawg" // Dee Steinbacher - "Dinky Dawg"
// Mark Hanke - "Big Dawg" // Mike Miller - "Odd Dawg" // Greg Gagliano -
"Weiner Dawg" // Ron Gregory - " The Dawg with no Name" // Dennis Tackett -
"Rebel Dawg" // David Viasco - "Bird Dawg" // Steve Kohlscheen - "Dirty
Dawg" // Rick Paukert - "Horn Dawg" // Jenna Burnett - "Pharm Dawg" //
Robert Head - "Retreiver Dawg" // and of course.... Jack "Rude Dog" Hays.......

I want everyone to know that this has been a group effort. We have been
voting on a number of issues including the Name, Logo, Rallye location
(just to name a few).

Lisa White has been investing considerable time working on the
incorporation documents, bylaws, etc. Without her generous donation of her
legal expertise and time, this whole thing would not have been possible -
Thank you Lisa.

We have a webpage at http://www.TriumphNet.com/dawgs where you will be able
to get more information - it is also where you can see the TSRA logo -
David Cohen did an awesome job on it for us.

The first official business has been getting the Rallye set up. I will go
into detail in the next email, but wanted to let you know that it will be a
haul for those of you on the West Coast (not to mention those of you in
Europe and Australia....)  We understand that having the Rallye so far from
the West Coast makes it prohibitive, if for nothing else other than being
able to take off enough time to go.... If this year's event is the success
that we expect it to be, we will be having two events next year - one East
and one West of the Mississippi. We would love to have everyone at this
year's event, but we will understand if riders in Washington (state),
California etc are unable to attend.

I would also love to see similar events and possibly a similar organization
in Europe and Australia - if anyone is interested, but just needs some
help, let me know and we'll see what can be done.

I know this is all pretty vague, but we are still finalizing everything, so
I don't want to get involved in specifics that may or may not change in the
coming few weeks.

Now, on to the fun stuff - The TSRA Rallye 2000 - "Riding the Ridge"..........

cue drum roll and next email........