re: any changes in 2000?

>  From: "dhulaigh" <dhulaigh@xxxxxx>, on 03/23/2000 19:20:
>  Can anybody tell me if there is any changes between the 1999 Sprint ST & the
2000 Sprint ST?

>  I got info. on one dealers site that the EFI is smaller on the 2000 model
>  but is functions are exactly the same as the 1999 model.

	Yes, the EFI is smaller but functionally identical.

>  The reason for the question is my local dealer has an unregistered 1999
>  model, he is willing to discount it by ú500.
>
>  Should I wait for the 2000 model or go for the 1999??

	The 2000 model has 18 teeth on the front sprocket, which has been
claimed to be slightly higher gearing than the 1999. I've not personally been
able to verify the gearing of the 1999. Also the clutch lever is a slightly
longer reach on the '99, shorter but stiffer on the '00. Either bike is
wonderful, though I'm kinda partial to the blue color of mine. If it's an early
'99 there may be a few recall issues (crankcase bolts, center stand, ignition
wiretie that should be removed), but by all accounts Triumph has been very good
about fixing these things. The fuel sender seems to still be an issue on even
the newer models, and the speedo is "overly optimistic" (reads about 11% fast
according to my calculations).

FWIW,

	Jim Huber
	Spring, Texas, USA