Re: sprint RS,RT

Hi Chris,
I  previously had a '85 Interceptor and used  it very similarly to you,
more weight to the commuting end. Went with the ST, RS was not an option
at the time. I wanted something with more protection, Mass in February
can be fun, and have not been disappointed. The biggest surprise was
just how much additional  wind protection you get at the hands from the
fuller faring. The lower faring is nice to tuck your knees into and out
of the jet stream, not to mention on those days weather man calls it
wrong and the sun turns liquid. On the Honda you had to tuck heavily and
put your feet up on the passengers pegs to get marginal protection and
then your hands were left dealing with the full blast from up front.

I can't comment on how much protection  you get from RS but I suspect
the upper should be about the same as the ST but the lower is in the
wind.

The other thing was the storage option of the hard bags. You put them on
and leave them on and to have some place to put your lunch or odds and
ends as your are bopping about and not in your jacket or bungied some
how to the bike is a God send. Also the look good on the bike. You don't
get this with the RS. I had soft bags on the Interceptor but you had to
take them where ever you went. Just one more thing to schlep around.

Yes, more money but the ST and in T for touring may very well be the way
to go.

Got to love this bike!

Neil ('99 "Shadow")

Chris Schwartz wrote:

> I am considering a Triumph RS or ST. I own a 750 Nighthawk at present
> and truly enjoy it. But I want more from a bike in repect to throttle
> response and handling.  But I wantto retain a comfortable, low
> vibration ride with some wind protection (my Nighthawk has a
> windshield). I use the bike for commuting, weekend 200 milers, and
> occasional 4-5 day 1000 milers. Also ease of maintenance,reliability,
> and two-up ability are considerations. any comments out
> there? thanks,  Chris     cschwartz@xxxxxxxxxxx

End of st-digest V2000 #119