Re: First gear

David Gaske wrote:

> I to have an RS with just under 600 miles on it.  At first I actually
> bruised my foot up shifting.  Since then the shifting is greatly improved,
> almost like a warm knife through butter.  Neutral is still very hard to
> find, its easiest to go into 2nd and bump it back into neutral.  It will
be
> in for its first service tomorrow, we will see if it goes back to being
hard
> to shift or stays the same.

David, it´s exactly the same on my new RS  (only 200 miles so far - too much
rain here at the moment). I can´t go to neutral from 1st gear - I always
have to go to 2nd and then back to neutral. If I manage to get it out of 1st
gear at all!

>  I am still undecided on what oil to run.  A few posts back someone had
> heard using the Motul 300V (??) would be better than the Triumph Oil, but
> did not see anything else on this.  I will probably run Mobil for the
first
> change and then maybe try the Motul for the remainder.

Triumph Germany recommended me to stick with a mineral oil at the first oil
change (500 miles service). Obviously the running in phase is not completed
at 500 miles. Going to a fully synthetic oil at 500 miles increases the time
(better: mileage) until the running in phase is completed. Triumph Germany
recommends to do an (non scheduled) oil change at about 2000 miles and to
start using fully synthetic oils at this point. The oil should be a 10W-XX
or (even better) a 15W-XX, but never a 5W-XX. Motul 300V is a Ester based
synthetic oil - while Mobil 1 is a PAO-based synthetic oil. PAOs are
specially treated mineral oils while Ester-based oils are the "real"
synthetic oils.

Cheers

Thomas