Tires and dealer BS

I was at my local dealer the other day and since I want to replace
the BT-57's pretty soon I asked the parts guy for pricing on tires
well I had checked on line with Motorcyle Accessory Warehouse and
they were about $200.00 for the pair, dealer wants $300.00 so I sez
to the dealer you are $100.00 higher. The parts gomer goes on to tell
me how the mail order places get different tires! In other words the
big parts places , Tucker Rocky, Parts Unlimited get the really good
ones and the mail order guys get the not as good ones I think by not
as good he was trying to say less round or more out of spec! Anyway
this sure sounds like BS to me I think he's trying ( vainly) to
justify his much higher price. Comments?? Anyone every hear this
before.

Erik
Hot Dawg