Re: Triumph-branded Veto alarm vs the Scorpio alarm

In a message dated 29/03/00  23:42:32, you write:

<< Is there another alarm that beats them both?  >>
I have a Datatool alarm which was installed by the dealer before I picked it
up.  It is extremely simple to use, especially to switch into and out of
service mode for ferries, servicing etc.  I once stopped in the school
carpark which was full of cars(of course!), when I switched the alarm off to
ride it, the damm thing wouldn't respond.  I spent ages messing with it,
giggling the battery etc.  I eventually called the RAC.  Just when the local
Aye-Gee van rolled in (hated Honda/Yamaha dealer, they're good really, just
had a great laugh at my expense!), it responded (of course!).  All I can
think was that the car alarms in the car park had jammed my signal
temporarily.  It hasn't happened since.   The battery in the hand set lasted
about 8 months.  I'd ignored the flickering light when using it for a couple
of weeks, then after stopping at a shop on the way home, it wouldn't respond.
I had to point it directly at/touching the alarm computer before it
responded.  Just the downfalls of using alarms, but I think it's worth it.
Ann, Pen-ddraig Sprint ST, Kent, Britain.