Re: tires and dealer BS

A couple of buddies and I have bought literally dozens of tires from
mailorder houses and never had a problem with a defective tire or one
that is an obvious blem.

One caveat, however... One of the big houses, Chaparral I think,
recently had a special deal on Pirellis, a set for $190. When they
arrived, they were brand new but from the DOT number on the tire,
were two years old. A lot depends on how they were stored, but
this can be a problem with softer compound tires that MAY lose
some of their stickiness sitting in a hot warehouse.